What Is Black Mold?
Understanding the facts about mold is crucial amidst sensationalism. While Stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold, can produce allergens and irritants, various mold types can have similar effects. Therefore, caution is advised when dealing with any mold, avoiding contact and disturbance.
If you suspect a mold problem, contact us immediately for assistance. Mold can spread through a structure within 48 hours of water intrusion, and it can be present both indoors and outdoors. Mold spores are microscopic and can enter your home through various means, thriving in moist environments and quickly forming colonies that release allergens and irritants. It's essential to address the source of water or moisture to prevent mold recurrence.
A strong, musty odor is often indicative of a mold problem, and even elevated indoor humidity levels can support mold growth.
We are a locally owned and operated company, is equipped with the necessary training and resources to handle mold issues effectively. With a national network of over 1,600 Franchises, we are ready to respond to large-scale disasters. Proudly serving the city of Seattle and surrounding areas, including Foster Island, Sodo, Magnolia, Queen Anne, Lake Union, Capitol Hill, Portage Bay, International District, and Madison Park, our commitment lies in providing exceptional service to the local communities.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Seattle Central and South & Mercer Island immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (206) 282-9500
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Seattle Central and South & Mercer Island is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Foster Island
- Queen Anne
- Lake Union
- Capitol Hill
- Portage Bay
- International District
- Madison Park