Advanced Technology and Techniques
Advancements in technology and techniques have revolutionized the restoration industry, enabling SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to restore properties quickly, reliably, and effectively. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) sets practical standards, including the influential IICRC S500 Water Damage Guide, which incorporates psychometry principles for efficient drying.
Cutting-edge equipment is used for moisture detection and measurement, such as infrared cameras that detect water behind surfaces, and specialized meters for accurate saturation assessment. Powerful water extraction equipment, including pumps and extraction units, swiftly removes water from properties.
To eliminate residual moisture, industrial air movers and dehumidifiers are utilized, preventing swelling and warping of surfaces and furniture. Odor removal is achieved through air scrubbers, thermal foggers, and deodorization agents that ensure clean air quality during restoration.
OSHA-approved sanitizing agents and treatments effectively clean and remove odors and contaminants, while disinfection products halt the growth of harmful microorganisms.
With access to these advanced tools, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide comprehensive restoration services, addressing moisture, odors, and contaminants. By leveraging technology and adhering to industry standards, they restore properties to their preloss condition efficiently and effectively.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.