Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Seattle Central and South & Mercer Island specializes in biohazard recovery for homes and businesses. Our highly trained team addresses various situations that pose health risks and require professional intervention. We handle sewage backups, crime scene cleaning, viral pathogen and bacteria removal, chemical spill cleaning, hoarding recovery, post-animal infestation cleaning, and trauma recovery.
Our bio-recovery specialists receive continuous training to stay ahead and use efficient tools. Prompt response is their priority, reaching homes within hours of the initial call.
For biohazard cleanup services, call (206) 282-9500. We provide decontamination services for trauma, sewage backups, chemical spills, hoarding, and more. Their expertise covers sewage backups, crime scene residues, blood cleanup, hoarding scenes, tear gas cleanup, and others. Each situation is handled with proper cleaning, disinfection, and deodorization according to State and Federal guidelines.
SERVPRO of Seattle Central and South & Mercer Island offers 24/7 emergency services. We approach challenging circumstances with empathy and respect for both the individuals and property involved.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (206) 282-9500
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Seattle Central and South & Mercer Island has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Foster Island
- Queen Anne
- Lake Union
- Capitol Hill
- Portage Bay
- International District
- Madison Park